Monday, 17 September 2012

Space Ice Cream?

Back in middle school (ages ago) I remember visiting a science museum for one of our field trips, and at the end of the day we got to visit the gift shop. My two friends and I browsed around, and found this stuff that said ice cream on it but was not in the freezer (minds BLOWN). We obviously put all our money together and purchased the Neapolitan flavor. We slowly opened the packaging and put the chalky textured "ice cream" in our mouth, and for me that was when the magic began, it sat on my tongue and melted into warm tasting ice cream. I absolutely loved it, and you can imagine my excitement running into this variety of freeze dried ice cream.

The flavors I got were cookies and cream, ice cream sandwich , and neapolitan. I was so excited to try the new ones and re-live that memory of the neapolitan flavor. 

This one was the Bearly Cold Polar Bear Freeze Dried Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwich

This was the Astronaut Ice Cream Sandwich

This is still my favorite and it is the Mountain House Neapolitan Ice Cream

All the flavors were so fun to try. I would have probably enjoyed the first 2 more if they did not have the biscuit part, as I am the type of person who eats the filling of a cookie, but leaves the biscuit part for someone else to "enjoy". The flavors were all great, but of course the neapolitan was still my absolute favorite. I know some of my friends did not like the chalky texture, but I love how it goes from chalk to something that just melts in your mouth. YUM, I am making myself hungry for some. :) This is the perfect treat for colder days.

Have you ever tried this stuff? If so did you like it?

Lulu :)

34 comments:

  1. These look so delicious, I am drooling for that cookies and cream one... mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious ;D
    nice blog! ;D
    would you like to follow each other?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah there is a whole world of freeze dried food. So much to explore:)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love museums. Lovely blog you have here. I have followed you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go often enough but when I do visit they are always so fun :)

      Delete
  5. my mind is blown! This looks incredible! i want to try it! Last photo -drooools- haha~

    Biancarosa
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, yeah the neapolitan is my favorite also :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, these look amazing! I bet they would be so fun to try :)
    Thank you for comment on my blog too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would definitely suggest trying them. :)
      Np Xx

      Delete
  7. Those ice cream sandwiches look sooooo delicious!

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look sooo good! I want some ice cream now haha


    afashionistascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really want some good chocolate ice cream mmm :) Xx

      Delete
  9. Thankyou so much for following my blog, you should enter my surprise beauty giveaway, love B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. np, will definitely go over and check it out :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, yummy! I first saw space icecream on a blog called Scathingly Brilliant, and i've wanted to try it ever since. Maybe I should ask for some in my stocking this christmas ;) Loving your blog, i'm a new follower, you can check out and follow my blog if you wish at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com

    Tata, Leah xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, yeah definitely a great stocking gift. I think I might do the same :) Good idea :)

      Delete
  11. I always see these in science-y shops but have never tried them myself, but they actually look like real ice cream! I thought they'd just be powder (: Will definitely try and pick one up soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a try. I hope you like them, and I am not a crazy person for enjoying the texture.

      Delete
  12. Hey! I followed you. :) Wanna follow me like you suggested?

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much for the nomination :)

    I don't think I've tried this one, but I've definetley tried an ice cream sandwich before... way too yummy for my own good!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, yeah ice cream sandwiches are perfect. And np :) Xx

      Delete
  14. Loove this post!

    xo
    http://snowwhite90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this post! That ice-cream sandwich looks amazing. I am now following you, would love you to check out my blog too. Naomi xx

    www.oneheelforward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, thanks. And am heading over to your blog right now :)

      Delete
  16. Hi flower, your blog is really amazing! Fascinating posts! I just love it and I'm following! I hope you'll visit me and follow mine too.

    Kisses from Russia,
    www.annmartynova.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the way from Russia, how awesome, definitely will check out your blog. Thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Delete
  17. That looks fun!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...