D.I.Y Natural Moisturizing Hair Mask

I have always made homemade masks. I started off with just plain olive oil, then just plain coconut oil. Then I would mix things together and for the most part they would leave my hair feeling so soft, and healthy. This mask is one of my favorites.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional, so if  you try this make sure to do your own research.



Ingredients:
(Keeping in mind this is enough for short- medium length hair)
  • 1 organic avocado (helps moisturize, and strengthen your hair)
  • 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (assists with making your hair healthy, and shiny, also said to help with dandruff)
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (conditions hair, and helps prevent hair loss)
  • 2 tbsp organic honey (helps prevent hair from breaking, therefore assisting with hair growth)

Add all the ingredients in a bowl,  and I usually use a blender to get the avocado extremely smooth, but will sometimes also just mash the avocado up really well.  Next massage your scalp for a minute before you apply the mask. Once it is all on give your head a little massage, and then wrap it up either with plastic wrap, hair cap, or even a plastic bag. You just want to trap the heat, and also keep the oil on your head. I will usually keep it on for at least 1 hour, but tend go up to 5 or more. But do as you feel comfortable. To wash it off, you might need to shampoo at least twice.

If you try this mask out, how did it make your hair feel? 

Lulu :)

Popular Posts